Ignite Interview~ Wicked Love
Modern rock band Wicked Love released their self-titled debut single “Wicked Love” to all major platforms. The single is from their EP Wild Ride.
“Wicked Love is a powerfully energetic song loaded with old school sunset strip vibes that you’ll be singing along to for days!” says the band.
Coming in hot from Charleston, SC, Wicked Love is a hard-hitting new rock band with old school flavor. Their music is a captivating and catchy blend of pop, metal, and rock’n’roll. Wicked Love has opened for artist such as Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, and Hellyeah.
answered by Austin Livingston – Lead Guitar Shane Dwyer – Bass
- Tell us a little bit about the band and how long you have been together for some of our readers that may not know about the band?
Austin – The lead singer Brendan and I formed Wicked Love at the start of 2015. We were all super young and lasted about 6 months until we split up. After years apart pursuing other projects, we finally got the band back together at the end of 2021. It’s been smooth sailing ever since. I’m truly honored to be a member of Wicked Love.
2. What got you into music and what keeps you going night after night playing?
Shane – It started as a kid for me, in school, learning whatever instruments seemed cool to me at the time. Guitar Hero was a major factor there haha. What keeps me going is having fun with it above all; if we’re not having an absolute blast what’s the point?
3. So, what is new with the band?..New Album out? New Videos?
Shane – Other than our newly released EP, we’re working hard on writing at the moment, trying to keep up the good momentum!
4. If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now?
Austin – If I didn’t become a musician, I would like to believe that I’d pursue another passion of mine which is racing. There’s something about the sound of an engine and going fast that just does it for me.
5. What is the weirdest or funniest question you have ever been asked?
Austin – I used to play in an 80s cover band called Glamnation. During one of our shows, this girl waved me over to the side of the stage and asked if we could play “Freebird.” I gave her an answer she didn’t like and out of nowhere she started making out with me to change my mind. It didn’t work. We just kept playing Judas Priest.
6. If you can have your fans remember you for one thing, what would that be?
Shane – I’d want them to remember how they felt when listening to our music. Whenever we’re performing we’re trying to keep up the good vibes for the audience and ourselves. For the most part, it’s party music! We like our fans to let go and have a good time.
7. On a scale of one to 2593, How good is your new single compared to your last single? (my attempt at humor, but please still answer)
Austin- Our new single is definitely a full 2593 while our last one fell short at 2592.
8. What do you feel is the best song you have released to date and why?
Shane – Oh man, I don’t know. I’d probably have to go with Let Me Go just for how much it gets stuck in my head every time I hear it.
9. Do you think you can get any better as a musician/singer? And if so, How would you achieve that?
Shane – I like to think every time you pick up an instrument you get better and better. Playing with these incredibly talented dudes, we all get pushed to improve.
10. If you could give your fans one random fact about you that you think they should (or should “not” know) about you what would that be?
Austin – My favorite movie genre is horror. The Halloween franchise is my jam. I actually have a Michael Myers mask in a display case on my entertainment center at home.
11. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
Shane – Purple. It’s a little out there, a little different, but it’s cool.
12. Who are you inspired by?
Shane – Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith) and Duff McKagan (GNR) are big inspo for me playing rock bass. The way they just drive every song but know exactly when to back off and leave space, just to come out of nowhere with a tasty riff. *chef’s kiss*
13. What’s an average day like for you?
Shane – I work from home, storing up energy all day to unleash some thick booming low-end at our practice space.
14. Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans?
Austin – Our fans are the reason why we are here. We always make it a point to talk to every single person that attends our shows. Our fans make us feel important so it’s great to return the favor .
15. Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety?
Shane – Surprisingly, I usually feel any bit of nerves fall away once we pull up to a show. Calm but excited!
16. Tell me about your favorite performance venues?
Austin – I really like performing at the Music farm here in Charleston, SC. It’s been around for a long time and has seen many legendary acts on its stage.
17. What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Shane – Make sure you’re having fun with the music. If it starts to feel like a grind, you’ve gotta do something to shake things up. Music is all about energy.
Dec. 2nd The Lonely Ones w/ Wicked Love @ Trolley Pub in Summerville, SC
Wicked Love is:
Brendan Ferreira – Lead Vox
Austin Livingston – Lead Guitar/Backing Vox
Brad Krug – Rhythm Guitar/Backing Vox
Shane Dwyer – Bass/Backing Vox
Josh Proctor – Drums
You must be logged in to post a comment.