Ignite Music Magazine Interview with A CRIME CALLED
Italy based, alternative rock quartet A CRIME CALLED has released the official music video for “Drown,” off of their newly released album, A New Path.
“’Drown’ is the result of an intercontinental travel; the video is shot in a former asylum, and the images give a feeling of abandonment and claustrophobia, which works against the meaning of the song. The concept is to resist, to try not to drown, maybe finding someone who is a salvation and a hope for you.” – A CRIME CALLED
We had the chance get Andrea Verdi lead singer for the band, to answer a few questions for us.
1. Tell us a little bit about the band and how long you have been together for some of our readers that may not know about the band?
A CRIME CALLED is a project that I (Andrea, the singer) have been carrying out for several years.
The community of musicians in my area was very small. you personally met every musician. forming a band was less difficult than you might think. I am the creator, founding member and author of the band’s music. I have always made use of the collaboration of excellent musicians from the rock / metal scene of northern Italy.
2. What is new with the band?..New Album out? New Videos?
We released a new album, released at the end of November 2020. it’s called A NEW PATH. 9 songs with 6 videos available. the first and best known single is called D”ROWN,” available on all platforms in audio version and on YouTube in video version.
3. With all this madness going on with the virus…What do you think the music scene will be like in the future…and how are you prepared to make your music heard if there will not be any concerts or festivals for the year of 2020?
I am optimistic. the music won’t stop. we must have patience and wait for vaccines to reach nations and people. the lives will be back and we, like thousands of other bands, will be able to return to perform.
4. What got you into music and what is your earliest memory of when you told yourself…”THIS IS WHAT I WANT”?
I started playing when I was a child, 10 years old. Then at 14 I felt the call of rock, I had the guitar at home and it all started from there. In all these years music has given me victories and defeats, but the desire to play never fails.
5. Who was your first concert and what is your best memory
I’ve been going to concerts since I was a child. my first real rock concert, however, is METALLICA! the black album tour. It was the first time I went with friends, teenagers like me, to see a show inside a stadium.
6. If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now?
I would have liked to write, especially biographies and comics. I would also like to act for TV and movies (which has already happened in my life).
7. On a scale of 1 to 2593, How good is your newest single compared to your last single? (my attempt at humor, but please still answer)
My newest single is a bomb !!!! like all A NEW PATH singles, of course. 😆 2593,5 !!!!
8. What do you feel is the best song you have released to date and why?.
I’m on the safe side by saying DROWN. is the perfect combination of powerful guitar riffs, samples, synthesizers and orchestrations. is a very impressive song in terms of music and lyrics.
9. Do you think you can get any better as a musician/singer? And if so, How would you achieve that?
the road is still long! the positive side of music is that it has no age. you can always learn new things and improve as a musician, composer, writer. technique, imagination and inspiration will never have limits.
10. If you could give your fans one random fact about you that you think they should (or should “not” know) about you what would that be?
I am an excellent travel and adventure companion. Sometimes, however, I get nervous easily, especially when people keep asking me questions.
11. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
I would be blue like the sky on a full moon night and green like the meadows in the countryside of my house I am a dreamer, but I am linked to my origins.
12. Who are you inspired by?
musically I was inspired by grunge and new metal bands
Usually I am inspired by situations, people, facts of real life, deep and conflicting feelings … in short, many things.
13. What’s an average day like one tour? and what about these days?
I love to tour! when we are around to play I have the batteries that never run out !!!! I do a thousand things throughout the day, sleep 3 or 4 hours a night. I love meeting people, talking to them. on stage I get excited when I see someone singing my songs. it’s a special thing.
14. Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans?
As I said in the previous question, I talk a lot with fand and I do it willingly. I’d like to do it with my favorite bands. I don’t think there should be distances between those who listen to music and those who play it.
15. Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety?
it is something that can happen to anyone. in certain moments of life, stress causes a person to react in strange ways to situations such as a concert. to defeat fear you need a lot of esteem in you and in your fellow adventurers. a live is the definitive version of thousands of hours spent in the rehearsal room. if you’ve always done things well, you will also do them well during your life.
16. Tell me about your favorite performance venues?
I have no favorite venue to play. each dimension gives me something different. small clubs put you in close contact with people. big clubs and arenas make screams, voices and applause resound as if it were hell. festivals put you in front of a real sea of moving hands and bodies.
17. What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
play, always play! do it for yourself, for your bandmates, travel and life mates. do it for those who believe in you. if you have even one motion to believe in a dream, don’t stop dreaming.
“A New Path is an album which describes the courageous approach of the band, that have collaborated with different producers in each song to obtain a new result in terms of sound. “A New Path is our personal musical experience, with a travel around the World started some years ago in New York with the producer Dan Korneff. This album is a mix of genius and passion, with the contribution of many professionals of the music industry. We can’t wait to show you our new stuff!” – A CRIME CALLED
A New Path Track List:
1. “Hide The Feelings”
3. “New Injection”
4. “Over Again”
5. “Sonic Fear”
6. “Tidal Waves”
7. “Weekend Odyssey”
8. “Pop Could Kill”
9. “Drown” (Acoustic)