Ænly is a metal core band, with Heavy riffs, pounding breaks and bridges, catchy melody lines and aggressive vocals. With a positive message and outlook on current topics, sure to catch the listeners attention from the moment they hit play.
Ænly formed in September of 2018. It’s Founding Member Riggs(guitar/composer/producer) was set to turn his life around and started Ænly the day he got sober. With the positive mindset of “Always Forward” and moving ahead. Riggs added several members to the lineup from local Talent Andrew Lopez on vocals, Manny Cave a bandmate from another project on bass. This would be the beginning members of the band. The EP “Always forward” would follow and was released Dec 2019. Longtime friend and previous band mate, Art Diharce (lead guitar) joined the group in January 2020. Aenly only needed one more piece to the puzzle. Carefully waiting for the right members for 2 years eventually finding Conner Eddy on drums. Ænly was now complete.
- Tell us a little bit about the band and how long you have been together for some of our readers that may not know about the band? ÆNLY is an idea I had the day after I got sober in September 2018, with the main focus of having a positive mindset and to give people hope through music.
- What got you into music and what keeps you going night after night playing? My sister, mom, and dad, and brother in law really got me into different styles of music/instruments. The main thing that keeps me going is myself and not ever giving up.
- So, what is new with the band?..New Album out? New Videos? We have an EP and 3 singles out at the moment, but we’re releasing a new single called “up in smoke” that’ll be out at the end of June.
- If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now? Honestly, I don’t even know, I’ve been a musician since I was about 5-6 years old.
- What is the weirdest or funniest question you have ever been asked? “Is cereal soup?”
- If you can have your fans remember you for one thing, what would that be? Hope!
- On a scale of one to 2593, How good is your new single compared to your last single? (my attempt at humor, but please still answer)2592
- What do you feel is the best song you have released to date and why? I think our EP, since there are a couple songs dealing with personal issues.
- Do you think you can get any better as a musician/singer? And if so, How would you achieve that? we’re always learning/evolving, so getting better is inevitable. And the way to achieve that is trying to push yourself on a daily basis. Oh yeah, and practice!
- If you could give your fans one random fact about you that you think they should (or should “not” know) about you what would that be? I band listen to Dave Matthews occasionally. Hey, they’re awesome musicians!
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? Darker shade of black, cuz yeah.. lol
- Who are you inspired by? myself!
- What’s an average day like for you? Music, coffee, workout, music, sleep, repeat..
- Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans? With a positive mindset to help them out with their needs. Everyone needs someone to listen to, and I don’t mind being that person.
- Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety? Oh most definitely! Almost like clockwork I get the anxiety kick in 1 and a half hours before hitting the stage.
- Tell me about your favorite performance venues? Art, Manny, and i’s other band playing the Glass house in Pomona. That place was on my bucket list.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps? Never give up on your dreams, and always try and better yourself as a human being!
Location: Los Angeles/ La Verne
ANDREW LOPEZ/ VOCALS
ART DIHARCE/ LEAD GUITAR
CONNER EDDY/ DRUMS
MANNY CAVE/ BASS