Indiana based, Hippy Metal band GLOSTIK WILLY has released the official music video for "You Won't Last," the first single off of their upcoming LP, Hippy Metal.
We ask the band a few questons about how they got together as a band and much more..
JayMoe (Guitarist/Vocalist) answered the questions
1. Tell us a little bit about the band and how long you have been together for some of our readers that may not know about the band? We have been together since we were kids, two of us are brothers (RalfMowf & JayMoe) and we met our bass player (Buddha) in middle school band class. Nearly 20 years we have been playing music together.
2. What got you into music and what keeps you going night after night playing? I think for all of us, we were pushed by our parents to the way of music. Our parents always supported our music when we were young, becoming our roadies, buying us gear, and turning us on to great music!
3. So, what is new with the band?..New Album out? New Videos?
We have spent a good amount of time this last year recording our 3rd studio album titled, “Hippy Metal”. The album is finished and the release is planned for later in 2020. We also released a music video for “You Won’t Last”, our first single from the album.
4. If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now?
If I didn’t turn out to be a professional gamer, I would probably be in a mental institution. Music has always been an escape for me. When I’m playing, it’s as if nothing else matters outside of the music I’m creating. It is the only time in my life that I can say my mind is free and I have achieved pure bliss.
5. What is the weirdest or funniest question you have ever been asked? Can I have your crusty tour socks?
6. If you can have your fans remember you for one thing, what would that be?
I just hope that my music truly touches their hearts. I could really care less if they remember ME, as long as they remember my music.
7. On a scale of one to 2593, How good is your new single compared to your last single? (my attempt at humor, but please still answer)
HA! Honestly I would say with everything we have put out, the newest thing is always ATLEAST 2593% better than the previous. The “Hippy Metal” album we are working on is infinitely better than the older ones.
8. What do you feel is the best song you have released to date and why?
Switch. It was on our debut studio album so the quality isn’t where I would want it to be for how good of a song it is but it has a message that you can easily relate to and it’s very powerful if you listen to the words. “Gotta get up and go before your time is gone, find your switch and baby turn it on”. Basically, get off your ass and find something your good at then go after it 100 mph!
9. Do you think you can get any better as a musician/singer? And if so, How would you
Of course, I have always said that the moment you think you are “good enough” is when someone will come along and make you look like an amatuer. I am my biggest critic so I practice more than the average person. Every day is an attempt to level up as a musician and I’ve got a long way to go before I’m content.
10. If you could give your fans one random fact about you that you think they should (or should “not” know) about you what would that be?
I’m actually a big nerd. I love technology and video games (although I don’t have much time to play them).
11. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? Green. To me, green represents life and growth.
12. Who are you inspired by?
Musically, it comes in waves. Mostly what inspires me to be creative and blast out a whole new album of originals is the experiences I have on the road. People inspire me! You meet so many people and hear so many stories that you can’t help but to be inspired by them enough to try and tell those stories to the world.
13. What’s an average day like for you?
I usually handle all the back end stuff for the band so it’s constantly changing but currently most of my time is spent recording music and looking for ways to implement technology for the betterment of Glostik Willy.
14. Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans
We have always made it a point to interact with our fans on a personal level. We would go play music festivals, show up 2 days early and leave 2 days late just so we could try to meet and hang out with every person there. Oh man have we had some fun…
15. Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety?
Surprisingly no. As far back as I can remember I dreamed of being on stage. I’ve always seen myself in front of crowds of people. At my first gig it was harder to get me off the stage than it was to get me on.
16. Tell me about your favorite performance venues
Woodlands in Columbus, OH and Urban Artifact in Cincinnati, OH are two of our favorite venues but for us, music festivals are always our favorites! Willy Town (our festival), Hookahville and May Daze just to name a few.
17. What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
IF you decide to do it, know it’s a struggle. I have learned that if you want to make it in this business, it’s tough, competition is stiff, so you have to work 10x harder than you would even at the hardest job. No one walks in and has managers, agents, pr people jumping to make their career successful. Starving is our way of life. It takes years of hard work and dedication that few people have, that’s why 95% never make it. Leave your hometown, take chances, never turn down an opportunity to play, and trust the path the universe has you walking. My favorite quote: “It takes 10 years to become an overnight success”.
Glostik Willy is a Hippy Metal band from Indiana made up of brothers Jay Moe & Ralf Mowf, and lifelong partner in rock, Buddha Aguilar. Glostik’s unique style has helped them to become a top midwest rock band. A variety of influences combined with years of crafting, has created a monster that can be seen every time the band takes the stage.
Glostik has been touring nationally in the US since 2015, released 2 full-length studio albums, and has hosted more than 7 music festivals. Currently, the band is working on their third studio album, set to release in late 2020 while quickly becoming one of the most popular music streamers on Twitch.tv in their off time. Glostik Willy is excited to host the 6th annual Willy Town Music Festival in October 2020 which features 3 nights of music, art, and camping.