Soulful Blues / Rock / Pop Singer / Songwriter JENNY TEATOR has released the official music video for her latest single, “Daughter of the Devil.” Originally premiered on VENTS MAGAZINE, “Daughter of the Devil” was directed by Jim Foster.
Jenny was kind enough to answer a few questions for us
- Tell us a little bit about the band and how long you have been together for some of our readers that may not know about the band?
Jenny Teator: I’m a nationally touring solo recording artist based in Nashville, TN. I am a mix of rock, blues, pop, and soul. It’s a little bit of everything! I go on house concert tours a lot throughout the year as well. I tour with two other Nashville based artists Sheridan Gates and Meg Williams (who also happen to be my best friends). I have rotating players depending on their availability but usually have the same players. I’ve been playing with a full band for the last year and a half.
- What got you into music and what keeps you going night after night playing?
Jenny Teator: I started singing in choir after growing up singing all the time at my house. Once I learned how to sing I really explored different types of music which got me interested in songwriting and wanting to learn guitar. When I realized how therapeutic it was for me, that fueled my fire to keep going. Hearing testimonials from the crowd saying how my song touched them in a way that was also therapeutic to them- thats what keeps me going.
- So, what is new with the band?..New Album out? New Videos?
Jenny Teator: I just released a new song and music video called “Daughter of the Devil”! And more music coming soon 🙂 You can find it on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music etc and the music video is on YouTube!
- If you didn’t become a musician, what would you be doing right now?
Jenny Teator: Probably still in a health career, I was working with Autistic children back in Missouri and studying to become a Behavior Analyst.
- What is the weirdest or funniest question you have ever been asked?
Jenny Teator: Hmm.. can’t think of anything crazy I’ve been asked thus far.
- If you can have your fans remember you for one thing, what would that be?
Jenny Teator: Genuine.
- On a scale of one to 2593, How good is your new single compared to your last single? (my attempt at humor, but please still answer)
Jenny Teator: Oh man, like 239874976. This song ROCKS. Different vibe than Surrender, but definitely going up from here.
- What do you feel is the best song your have release to date and why?
Jenny Teator: Well since this is only my second song released.. I would have to say Daughter of the Devil. I absolutely love the production and hook of this song, its catchy and badass.
- Do you think you can get any better as a musician/singer? And if so, How would you achieve that?
Jenny Teator: Oh absolutely, we can always be better. If I had access to a vocal coach and guitar teacher everyday I’d be 93847 better. If money wasn’t a question, theres plenty of things I could be doing that would get me better results, but in the mean time I do what I can with what I have and the drive makes up for that for now. I’m just doing my best with what I have!
- If you could give your fans one random fact about you that you think they should (or should “not” know) about you what would that be?
Jenny Teator: I’m Cuban! Most don’t know that.
- You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
Jenny Teator: Gold, because I’m royally sassy.
- Who are you inspired by?
Jenny Teator: Grace Potter, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Dorothy, The Black Keys, Elle King, ZZ Ward.
- What’s an average day like for you?
Jenny Teator: Make breakfast, coffee, workout, computer work, errands, co-writing/rehearsal, social media, team calls with Red13, then possibly a show at night. Kind of varies from day to day but those are the usuals to come across on the daily.
- Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans.
Jenny Teator: I love talking to my supporters! Whether its a reply on an IG story or comment on a post I always reply with something, literally cant do this without them. I love talking to people after the shows too. I get to meet so many amazing souls out there who just love to support and I love to hear about their life too! What’s life if you can’t connect with others? I absolutely love talking to them and building a genuine fanbase like that.
- Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety?
Jenny Teator: Ohhh yea. Definitely in the beginning. I’ve gotten better about it now, before I was just nervous to play and now its like butterflies in my stomach sometimes before a gig because I just want to get up there and GO. But I still get it from time to time depending on the gig.
- Tell me about your favorite performance venues.
Jenny Teator: I loved playing at The Basement in Nashville, it’s very intimate in there and I love that. Old Rock House in St. Louis, super cool venue! And of course The Blue Note in Columbia, MO. All my idols have played that stage, it’s a beautiful big venue that I I hope to headline and fill one day 🙂
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Jenny Teator: Keep going, don’t give up because someone tells you no. You’re going to fail, and get told NO a shit ton of times. The key is consistency and persistence. This doesn’t happen overnight and it isn’t easy but it’s worth it, when you’re heart, is fully in it.