Members: Zak – Guitar / Vocals Brandon – Drums / Visuals Kevin – Vocals Mikey – Bass Matt- Guitar
New Jersey metallic hardcore act Old Wounds are out on the Vans Warped Tour this Summer, and if you don’t know much about them go check them out..the buzz is going to about that they are for real.
Ignite had a chance to ask the band a few questions while they were out on the tour, and they were nice enough to send us some answers back..THANK YOU !
We wanted to ask them all about what it felt like to be on the VWT as well as who they would like to tour with and a little about what they would change about the music industry if they had a chance..Enjoy the read !!
|1. What does it mean to you and the band to be playing Vans Warped Tour this year?
It means a lot. There are so many great bands that get to play every year, so to be given the opportunity to be amongst them is a really cool feeling.
2. What or Who are you most excited to see on the tour this year ?
Every Time I Die has been a huge inspiration for us as a young band, so being able to tour along side them is really cool. We’re also stoked for the post show BBQ’s.
3. If you had your pick… What would be your favorite song to play on stage? And Why?
My favorite is On Leather Wings, it’s the weirdest but has some of the heaviest parts on the record. Son of No One is also a good one because that seems to be the song we get the best crowd interaction too.
4. If you would have had the chance to write any song, what song would it be? (It could be any song that has been recorded)
I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall during the writing of White Pony by Deftones. That record is so cool, and was really innovative at the time.
5. If you had anything to change in the music industry what would it be,and how would you change it if you have a chance to do it?
More bands with a punk / DIY attitude. One of my favorite parts of being in a band is all of the work that goes into making tours, records, and production. I wish more bands would rely less on booking agents and managers, and would rely more on grinding putting in the work.
6. Name one group that you would want to do your farewell tour with?
I can’t even begin to think about our farewell tour (hopefully that’s not anytime soon), but some bands I would love to tour with are The Black Dahlia Murder, Deftone.
7. Name one song that you would like to be know for the most?
Rest In Piss is one of my favorite songs we’ve ever written, so I’ll go with that one.
8. What is the best thing about tour you like… and what is the worst?
Traveling is my favorite for sure. I love being in new places every day. My least favorite part of touring is the lack of sleep, but I can always do that when I get home, so it’s not that bad.
9. Why do you think the Vans Warped Tour has been such a success over the many years it has been going on?
I think they do a pretty good job of bringing on smaller bands and giving them a shot, and then rewarding them in future years helping them grow into bigger bands. It’s also an awesome mix of heavy bands, and not so heavy bands.